Korean Streaming Apps Guide
There are seven major music services you can use to support CROSS GENE on music shows (iTunes doesn’t count): MelOn, Naver, Soribada, Mnet, Genie, Olleh, and Bugs. MelOn is the most major streaming site because all music shows count MelOn downloads and streams. Keep in mind every music show has its own criteria. The more apps you stream in, the better!
Importance by weight of chart:
Melon > Genie > Mnet > Bugs > Soribada > Olleh Music > Naver Music
App info: iOS users must change their regions to South Korea and addresses to a Korean one to download these apps. Visit the MelOn tutorial to see how to do so. For Android users, you must download apks (linked below) to download the apps. This means you will need to tweak your security settings to download the apps, but once they are downloaded you can change back your privacy settings. Because we only have MelOn and Genie tutorials that show how to stream and download, please use other guides online for better help. We will hopefully get to their tutorials soon, too!
- Downloads 60% Streaming 40%
- App [Android / iOS] + PC streaming (download and use MelOn player)
- Downloads 50% Streaming 50%
- International fans’ downloads do not count (iOS downloads do not count)
- App [Android / iOS] + PC streaming (use website player; click the red play button on the top left)
- International fans can only stream, not download (need Korean ID)
- App [Android / iOS] + PC streaming (use website player or exclusive player)
How to correctly stream and download:
- You must be logged in to your account
- Search for the song on the website, app or in the specific player, and play the full song (it should not be 1 minute).
- Do not mute, replay, shuffle, fast-forward or touch the player.
- Use your streams wisely. For each service, only one stream is counted for the real time chart hourly, and one stream is counted on the daily chart. So stream once an hour for said song for each music service.
- Log out before 12:00AM KST, and if you’re on the app, close the app! You can then log in again to continue streaming if you wish.
- Downloads only count once per ID, re-downloads do not count. Re-downloads are different from purchasing the same song again!
- If you want to download the same song again, one download only counts once a day per one ID, so you must use a different ID or wait the next day on the same ID to download the same song again.
- Purchasing the songs and streaming them on your personal music player does not count toward charts
듣기 = listen
닫기 = close
삭제 = delete
추가 = add to playlist
재생목록 = playlist
전체듣기 = stream all
동기화 = playlist history
이용권 = ticket
정보 = information
취소 = cancel
확인 = confirm
설정 = settings
x회 = x many times you can stream
x일 = x days left of voucher