General Music Show Support Guide
Digital Sales [General Guide]
MelOn provides over 50% of the main digital service. There are other sources such as Soribada, Mnet and Bugs but MelOn is the primary one that is used.
For digital sales to be counted, you can either download the album or stream it. For both of these, you need MelOn vouchers. This is being arranged already and you can find details on that within the Melon sign-up guide.
You can stream a 1 minute free preview but this will not count towards the sales.
If you’re buying the album, ensure you are buying from a site that will relay the sale onto the Hanteo chart as all music shows link to them.
Some sites that count toward Hanteo:
As of August 2017, four shows that allow international fans to contribute to prevoting. Each show has its own prevoting period.
- The Show (Friday 8PMKST – Monday 2PM KST)
- Mcountdown (Friday 2PM – Monday 9AM KST)
- Music Core (Wed 10:00AM – Thu 12:00PM KST)
- Show Champion (Monday 12AM KST to Sunday 11:59PM KST)
These come in 5 areas.
- Youtube – log in to Youtube and watch (don’t skip ads), like and comment on the official music video and official live performance videos. Then log OUT of Youtube, don’t pause or fast forward the video and make sure you watch it until the end. Use different browsers like Chrome, Safari and Firefox instead of using multiple tabs. DON’T use Incognito. You will have to clear your internet history and cookies after a few watches. If you are busy, make a Playlist with the title song and alternate it with other Cross Gene MVs and then loop it.
- Facebook – Like, comment and share every post on Cross Gene’s official Facebook.
- Twitter – Use only #크로스진 in your posts. Tweets with more than 1 hashtag will be counted as spam and ensure your account is on public. When creating multiple Twitter accounts, keep in mind you have to make them look legitimate, so add a DP and header. Twitter is very picky with spam accounts. It is recommended to use Tweetdeck to create tweets from many accounts all at once.
- Gaon – Use the Gaon Social Chart to raise SNS points. [Tutorial] It is recommended to view the video on Yinyuetai as well to increase the social chart score.
- Searches – Search 크로스진 on MelOn, Naver, Daum and Nate during live broadcasts.